The purpose of the writing journal is to record your daily impressions of your writing, to reflect on the writing experience, and to make plans for future writing attempts.
|Background Reading for Creative Writing Course|
Email Pam Petty
Creative Writing Homepage
Procedures for Daily Writing Journal
1. At least one entry must be made for each day of the course.
2. Each entry should include the following information (include each heading in journal):
A. Date and the amount of time you spent on the writing exercise
B. The name of the exercise
C. Difficulties you experienced while doing the exercise
D. Discoveries made while doing the exercise
E. Your overall satisfaction with the piece of writing (rank 1-10 and elaborate/justify)
F. Ideas that occurred to you for future writing
Construction of Journal
The journal should be unique in design and should reflect your own personal taste. The journal may be purchased and "customized" or may be completely original in design and construction. The choice of materials is totally up to you. Be creative - young students become blasť about journal writing - learning to inject creativity into the design and function of a daily writing journal may be a highly motivating factor in the success of classroom journal activities.
1. What size journal do I want to make? oversized, hand-size, standard, etc.
2. How will it open? left to right, top to bottom, flip book, etc.
3. What materials will I use? construction paper, poster board, cardboard, wood, plastic, etc........
4. What colors? What design?
5. How may pages will it include? (For the purposes of this class, the journal needs to be at least 6 pages long - excluding a title page.)
6. Unique extras: pencil/pen holder? sticky-note-holder? overlays? pop-ups?
11/02/2004 02:02:39 PM